The Fountains and Squares of Rome tour with Kids Tours of Rome is a delightful walk through the historic city center and is the best private tour for kids in Rome to get your holiday vacation started. On this tour for kids in Rome you will see many famous locations from history often seen in movies. With your private guide, you will learn of some secrets that Rome has hidden throughout the city too.
Rome is known as the Eternal City and for a good reason. The ancient ruins mix with the modern buildings of today making it the perfect tour for families to enjoy together and learn about some of her hidden treasures. There’s something for everyone!
Some of the notable sites you will see will include the ancient Pantheon, the famous Spanish Steps, the gorgeous Trevi Fountain where you must make a wish, and the squares of Piazza Navona and Campo de’Fiori. We’ll be sure to show you some surprises too!
If this is your first time to Rome and you are uncertain if your family would enjoy a guided tour, especially those of you traveling with young children, then this tour is the perfect introduction to the city. The variety of the ancient ruins, impressive buildings, and beautiful fountains you will learn about as you walk through the streets and squares means that this tour is active enough to keep your kids entertained and happy.
This Rome tour for kids also allows for many opportunities to stop for breaks and to have some gelato or a slice of pizza if needed. Your fun and friendly guide can show you the best places and will take care that you do not get lost in Rome’s many side streets and winding alleyways.
Make this tour your family’s introduction to Rome when beginning your holiday vacation in Italy!
Book your The Fountains and Squares of Rome tour now by contacting us for the times and dates available during your trip.
- There are no tickets are required for this tour.
- We require at least 24 hours notice to book this tour. During high season it is extremely difficult to locate available guides and may not be possible. Two weeks or more ahead is recommended.
- The private walking tour lasts approximately 2.5 hours.
- Your guide speaks fluent English, Spanish, German or Italian and is reserved only for your family.
- You are allowed to take photographs on this tour. Bring the selfie sticks on this one if you want.
- Comfortable walking shoes are highly recommended for this tour.
- This tour continues regardless of the weather except in extreme and dangerous conditions. Most of this tour is outdoors. Please bring appropriate protection from sun and rain as needed. Bottled water is recommended on hot days and can be refilled at various fountains.
- Transportation is not included in the tour fee, but it can be arranged separately. Inquire to your reservation specialist for the rates if you would like to add-on this option.
- This tour is available everyday, even during holidays.
Fountains are Rome trademark. Modern city of Rome has almost 300 fountains which are in use. But, there are three times more churches, and today you can visit over 900 holy places. Naturally, best way for visit them is to book our The Fountains and Squares tour with kids in Rome.
Trevi Fountain is one of the most popular places you should visit in Rome. Recent years, every night at that fountain, more than 3000 Euros are swept up from the basin. And all money goes to a Catholic charity.
The fountains have served in Rome for thousands of years as a place where drinking water has flowed, which served many travelers to refresh themselves in the hot summer days that crowded the streets of this beautiful city. During our Fountains and Squares of Rome tour, you’ll see how much Romans like them.
Trevi Fountain is one of the most beautiful buildings and sculptures from the Baroque period in Rome. The architect of the fountain was Nikola Salvi. This famous fountain was built in the 18th century.
According to tradition, everyone should throw a coin into it. The legend says that if you throw a coin over your left shoulder with your right hand, it guarantees a safe return to Rome in the future. This fountain is also called Fountain of Love.
Except for the Fontane di Trevi, Fontana di Nettuno and Fontana dei Quattro Fiumi are worldwide known (representing four rivers: Nile, Gang, Danube, and La Plata). They are located on Piazza Navona. It is one of the most beautiful Roman squares, full of restaurants, and cafes – pure diamond of Rome walking tours.
Although small and less attractive in appearance than other Roman fountains, the Fontana della Palla di Cannone occupies an important place among the tourist attractions of Rome. That fountain is quite incredible.
Piazza Navona – The ellipsoid shape of the most beautiful Roman market tells us that it was built at the ancient stadium that Emperor Domitian built in the 1st century. This square is full of street entertainers, artists, tourists, children, gorgeous fountains and tables.
Piazza del Popolo – This is the square where festivals and public executions took place. Architect Giuseppe Valadier turned this square into an elegant square, he added four fountains with lions at the foot of one of the oldest Roman obeliks.