The Galleria Borghese tour with Kids Tours of Rome is a perfect 2-hour tour to introduce your children to the world of art without the extreme crowds of tourists that are sometimes found at the Vatican museums. This Rome tour for kids is a beautiful experience for your family to see famous works of art from the Renaissance and Baroque periods in the former country home of a Cardinal of the Catholic Church.
Entry to this museum is limited. The tickets combined with our guides’ availability is something you need to plan well in advance. At a very minimum, 2 weeks’ time is advised before booking. During our The Galleria Borghese tour with kids, you will see paintings and sculptures by famous artists such as Bernini, Caravaggio, Raphael, and Titian along with many others.
After the Tour of Galleria Borghese with kids, you will be on the grounds of the beautiful Borghese Gardens where you can enjoy a nice walk in the park, an oasis from the busyness of Rome’s center. Nearby there are other activities that can be enjoyed with the family which you may consider planning into your day.
Don’t miss your opportunity to share a memorable cultural experience with your kids while on holiday in Italy!
Book your The Galleria Borghese tour with kids now by contacting us for the times and dates available during your trip.
- Tickets are required for this tour. Your reservation specialist will provide the necessary information during the booking process.
- The private walking tour lasts approximately 2 hours.
- The visit is timed and closely monitored by the museum on a schedule. Plan to arrive early for meeting the guide and checking-in so that you can start as soon as the doors are opened for your reserved tour time.
- The museum is closed on Mondays; therefore, it is not available on this day or during other major holidays when they are closed.
- We require at least 24-hour’s notice to book this tour. During high season, it is extremely difficult to locate available guides and may not be possible. Two weeks or more ahead is recommended. Tickets do often sell out ahead of time.
- Your guide speaks fluent English and is reserved only for your family.
- Your guide will go with you inside in all areas of the tour.
- You are not permitted to take photographs of the art.
- There is a mandatory bag check. You will be permitted to carry small valuables such as your phone and wallet in a plastic bag provided. There is no room to store large items such as luggage and strollers.
- The use of your cellular phone is not permitted inside the museum and should be turned off during your visit.
- This tour continues regardless of the weather and is conducted indoors.
- Transportation is not included in the tour fee, but it can be arranged separately. Inquire to your reservation specialist for the rates if you would like to add-on this option.
After the numerous historical sights of the city of Rome that have become unavoidable tourist destinations, Villa Borghese is perhaps the most visited and most famous art gallery in Rome. So take your chance and grab the Tour of Galleria Borghese with kids.
Beautiful exhibition space in fresco-painted rooms, as well as a collection of works of art (antique sculptures, antique mosaics, paintings Karavaj, Rafael, Titian etc.), make this villa an indispensable attraction for all art lovers. Your children will have an opportunity during this Rome tour for kids to see some of the world greatest artworks.
The Borghese Gallery is located in a park called Villa Borghese near the famous Popolo Square.
You’ll see during this Rome tour that Gallery Borghese is an art gallery featuring sculptures, paintings, and antiques. This collection has once belonged to Cardinal Scipione Caffarelli Borghese, who was the nephew of Pope Paolo V.
This villa was made according to the drawings of the Cardinal Scipione Caffarelli Borghese itself, which used it as a summer residence because it was located in the Roma’s suburb. The villa itself and the surrounding park belonged to the Borghese family until 1902 when they were sold this building to the Italian government.
The collection that can be seen today is truly impressive, and it is made of antique Roman mosaics, antique sculptures, sculptures by Bernini and Canova.
Caravaggio’s paintings – Saint Jerome who writes, Madonna, Child and Snake, The Boy with a Basket of Fruits, St. John the Baptist, Rafael’s Images – Deposition, The Lady with Unicorn, as well as many Titian and Bellini paintings, make up only one small part of everything that can to be seen in the Borghese Gallery.
This collection is exhibited in beautifully painted villas, so it is not difficult to understand why Gallery Borghese is one of the main tourist attractions of the city of Rome. Exlpore our The Galleria Borghese tour with kids and give your family very great time in the Eternal city.